This is first, and foremost, and atheism blog. All other things I blog either stem from ideas and thoughts I have gained through my atheism, or things I genuinely enjoy.
I am a lover of my love, and musician of my music, a humanist of my human nature, and an intellectual of my intellect.
(Greek: πανσπερμία from πᾶς/πᾶν (pas/pan) “all” and σπέρμα (sperma) “seed”) the hypothesis that life exists throughout the universe, distributed by meteoroids, asteroids and planetoids.
Panspermia proposes that life that can survive the effects of space, such as extremophile archaea, become trapped in debris that is ejected into space after collisions between planets that harbor life and Small Solar System Bodies (SSSB). Bacteria may travel dormant for an extended amount of time before colliding randomly with other planets or intermingling with protoplanetary disks. If met with ideal conditions on a new planet’s surfaces, the bacteria become active and the process of evolution begins.
The concept of panspermia is not meant to address how life began, just the method in which it is dispersed and sustained.
1. guilty of dishonest practices, as bribery; lacking integrity; crooked.
2. debased in character; depraved; perverted; wicked; evil.
3. made inferior by errors or alterations, as a text.
4. infected; tainted.
5. decayed; putrid.
6. to destroy the integrity of; cause to be dishonest, disloyal, etc., especially by bribery.
7. to lower morally; pervert.
8. to alter (a language, text, etc.) for the worse; debase.
9. to mar; spoil.
10. to infect; taint.